Certificate IV – Parent Family & Community Engagement
Australia’s first ever nationally recognised qualification in parent, family and community engagement launched
The Australian Parents Council and Lee Hecht Harrison are pleased to announce the launch of the first ever formal training qualification in parent, family and community engagement in Australia.
The new nationally recognised 10500NAT Certificate IV in Parent, Family and Community Engagement develops theoretical and practical expertise in parent engagement in schooling and learning, and enhanced skills in building positive relationships that encourage the best educational experience for children.
The qualification has been developed by the Australian Parents Council and training specialist Lee Hecht Harrison (RTO 21530), the only training organisation offering the qualification, and is accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
It fills a clear gap in training provision. Parents, family and community engagement is well recognised as helping children achieve their potential in education, but often receives minor attention in initial teacher education, and until now there has been no specific training in this challenging area.
The Certificate IV in Parent, Family and Community Engagement will be commencing on the 16th April and is suitable for people who are working or volunteering in school, early childhood, community and other settings to support children’s education and wellbeing. It generally takes 12 months to complete and is offered fully online or as blended online and face-to-face delivery.
Graduates will acquire the skills to:
- lead and support effective engagement and partnership practice
- work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- deeply appreciate the diverse needs, perspectives and opportunities in their school community
- create and strengthen mutually beneficial connections, relationships and partnerships
- provide leadership in the collaborative development, design and coordination of engagement and partnership policies, plans and strategies.
Please share details of the course with your network.