Successful Learning is a parent-to-parent workshop series that helps schools encourage and support families to engage in their children’s early learning and literacy. It is tailored to become an integral part of your school’s induction, teaching and student’s learning in the early years.
Designed to be delivered by parents, the workshops communicate the value of parents and teachers working together as partners in children’s learning. Successful Learning workshops empower participant knowledge and confidence while building parent skills so they are active partners in their children’s learning.
Successful Learning workshop series encourages:
- parent knowledge and skills and to be active partners in their children’s learning
- the powerful influence of the family and in particular, parents, on children’s learning
- parents to be the leaders and presenters of the workshops
- schools to develop and sustain a strong parent engagement culture from the onset of parent’s journey through schooling of their child
Successful Learning workshop series comprise 2 sessions of 2 hours each and is interactive, drawing on parent interest and experience including:
- understanding the learning that takes place in homes, and practical ways that parents and families can help
- understanding the way schools are teaching reading and writing
- understanding reading and writing conventions and how to respond appropriately to children’s early literacy
- understanding children’s developmental milestones
- the importance of building partnership mindset between home, school and between parents and teachers
- sustaining positive relationships
Parental engagement makes an important difference to children’s readiness for school, their interest in learning, their academic success and well-being.